Magnus has added an extended Arabic dictionary to our spell checker which has resulted in better error correction. The size of this new dictionary is twenty times larger than the one used originally building on the original Aspell dictionary. We are also able to supplement the database with additional words.
Alaa has been testing the checker and noticed an error on our web page that we use for trying the toolbar. This time the words offered as alternatives made sense and could be used when she was making mistakes.
We now have a database that records the word that has been misspelled, saves the error alongside the word that has been chosen from the correction list or notes the fact that the user has ignored the offered words. The database handles all languages but those words in Arabic are appear incomprehensible to readers due to the UTF-8 coding.
During the summer we noticed that AIType was cutting off the initial letters when used with Internet Explorer and then we had a complete collapse of the service for a short time. This caused some concern and when we tested the Windows desktop version of the software we could not reach the servers as quickly as expected.
AIType were amazingly quick in reassuring us that they had had some server issues but these were immediately rectified. We checked our servers and the problems happened to occur just as Magnus was updating our servers as well.
Word prediction used with a simple edit box - HTML mode in WordPress
الصورة التي تظهر هي اختبار البرنامج بالعربي