Location – Turing Room, Oxford University Computing Services, 13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN, UK
Attendees : Peter Cudd, Steve Lee, Ross Gardler, Mike Wald, EA Draffan,
- Minutes of previous meetings read with items signed off and actions taken forward.
- Peter and E.A. to set out qualitative and quantative evaluation methods for the site and logging etc. Criteria still to be discussed Action PC and EAD
- JISC meetings with support and synthesis team Ross will be attending Innovation meeting and to feedback to team – await news from synthesis group.
- Mike W. to invite Mark Hawley, Lester Gilbert – still to be actioned MW and Peter to ask 50+ group for a representative, Ross to invite someone from Wikimedia, Nasser Siabi to be asked as a member of the business community, Ross to talk to Mark Pedley. Garry Paxton has accepted the invitation to be a member of the Advisory Group.
- Advisory group – first meeting moved to September and the addition of a final AG meeting to respond to their views at the Dissemination Even in April 2011. Signed off
- Southampton to confirm contractual agreements David Woolley has sent an agreement for Sheffield.
- Ross will supply governance models for agreement by the team. Still to be actioned RG
- Copyright issues that may arise with ATIB – no longer apply as evaluation showed that ATIB system not suitable for open AT innovation. Signed off.
- Submission to RAATE – Mike Wald has written an abstract. Signed off awaiting result.
- Set up RSS feed and Google Mailgroup – Signed off.
- Put work packages on website and have sign off at the end of each meeting. Work packages and project plan for JISC still to be actioned EAD
- Project website – signed off – needs meeting calendar link
- Brand Essence – Minuted thanks for this process – need to send letter of thanks to Liz Paxton for all her work still to be actioned EAD
- Need to make a section for research – look at what other countries are doing – Peter has link to Harvard research on the subject, ? Australia. Still to be Actioned ALL
- Website URL – decision to go with www.realisepotential.org – Signed off
- Clear definition of what we mean by open innovation compared to the JISC BCE Open innovation (OI) Action PC if poss.
- Need to engage with companies such as Sirius to see how we can help them and vice versa. _ Steve knows Mark Taylor CEO Action SL – discussed and care needed as to the specifics of this link up re: AT use in schools on a Linux platform.
- PC will send us the PowerPoint for the minutes and any other appropriate materials for the research part of the project. Still to be actioned PC
- REALISE – the vision – some came of the Brand Essence meeting – key words Serendipity connecting inspiring ” Realising Potential through Partnerships”
- Project Plan – Work packages on website – Action MW and EAD to make draft based on template http://www.jisc.ac.uk/fundingopportunities/projectmanagement.aspx
- Project Web Page on JISC Web Site – awaiting information from JISC.
- Project Web Site – logo design, Forum – Mailing list – Action EAD Joe from ECS to develop ideas that will be shared with team
- Consortium Agreement – see above
- Advisory group Membership – See above
- Links with D4D and ATIB with overview from Peter – PC to send slides
From Agenda 26/07/2010
Initial version of REALISE online marketplace following a Co-design meeting to specify essential and desired requirements – Initial version of REALISE online marketplace following a Co-design meeting to specify essential and desired requirements – Evaluate Drupal v A- tutor v My experiment and feedback to team Action EAD – PC to send specification for ATIB to aid planning of innovation broker (correction by SL)
- Consultancy Requirements/plan/milestones – OSS Watch till Dec. 6 days to include AT Licence Differentiator and 1 day workshop Business models (7-12 attendees possibly with JISC TechDis support?). Steve Lee to be contracted for work on Governance and Community. Future work in following year? 4 paid days and 1 supported by JISC. Interim and final report. Action MW and EAD
- Participative stakeholder blog – Part of innovations broker website
- AAATE 2010 sessions – Ross to present AT and open source, other workshops by team require papers 2-4 pages long. Action All
- RAATE 2010 Workshop – Action All workshop if accepted
- See above for evaluation of website and consider A-tutor etc.
- Website design – see above for ECS support
- Ross discussed – What roles do we have for users…
- Innovator (needs exploitation)
- Consumer of AT innovation
- Gatekeepers to the end users – how do those who engage do it – find the process for those who do link with innovators and make diagram (action SL and PC)
- Find innovations
- Communicate needs – end user
- Satisfy needs – end user and innovator.
- Set up times for Virtual Skype meeting – http://www.doodle.com/eepf6zxgvn8kxsmn